Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Today's Top Headlines do not Inspire!

Whether its American Idol's Guide, Tony Hawk's next business endeavor or the latest in Mortgage Crisis, I am at a loss.

Why?
I just do not see how any of this is relevant to me and my goals!
March madness is picking up speed.
The Federal Aviation Administration inspectors are involved in an investigation about an alleged "letting Southwest Airlines slide", on some safety tests.

One headline reads, Market @ the edge of more pain, but just below it, '08 Graduates will see a hot job market as baby boomers retire.
Wait a minute! Wasn't it only 1 month ago that we heard about an unexpected 17,000 jobs lost.
Oh yeah, don't forget about the "heated debate over Polar Bears and our Ecosystem".
There were services held in the name of the UNC student body president, who was slain not long ago.
There was also an Indian woman who was killed in a collision with a tour bus.
Next on the list is the 43rd anniversary of the day known as "bloody sunday." On that day in history, there was a violent battle on a bridge between marching protesters and police during the Civil Rights movement.

Okay, have you had enough?
Well, I have and it is only page 3 in section one, in a paper that has four sections. Imagine that!
Now, I said all that just to make a point. If this is the daily news and I am filling my mind with it, what can be the result? Remember the old saying, "garbage in garbage out". Well, I cannot allow my mind to indulge in this constant barrage of thoughts and ideas that don't support me or empower me to achieve my goal.

It has been said by Napolean Hill, in the Law of Success in 16 lessons, that one of the keys to "great achievments" is a consistent focus on that which is your innermost desire. Well, its more than that. We are talking about a desire that borders on the maniacal, fanatical or simply insane focus. Imagine if your mind was thoroughly saturated with your innermost desire. What if you knew your Definite Major Aim both inside and out? How would that affect your mind? The law of success says, that if you can do this, your subconscious mind will take over and do most of the work for you. Its like the time it took you to learn how to ride a bike. After some time your focus could take you to the point where you can ride a bike with no hands. How? Because, your subconscious mind handles all the details you have conditioned it to know. Now, this works the same way in any endeavor. You can call upon the subconscious mind to do much of the work you try to accomplish in vain, or with great effort.

This is the key to my whole talk today. Are you feeding your mind USA Today, or (insert name) Today? It is important to remember the phrase, "garbage in garbage out". Not that these stories are garbage, but the question is, are they able to move you toward your Definiter Major Purpose? Are they moving you toward your dream, or are they merely taking up the time you could use to grow into the person you must become in order to succeed in life? Ask yourself this question, how can I use this to empower me to improve the quality of my life? How can I use this to achieve my Definite Major Purpose? These are Power Questions, which is a principle I learned from Anthony Robbins in his book, " Awaken the Giant Within".

If you were hungry, there is some food for thought!
We

No comments: